06. Look What I've Found

Look What I've Found

Technical data

Photographer: Pernille Mortensen
Editor: Pernille Mortensen
Date of shooting: March 4th 2009
Camera used: Canon EOS 1000D

Purpose

The purpose was to use different textures and combine them using blending mode and thereby create an interesting effect.

Techniques used

In order to remove some of the shadows on the photo with the bells a white layer was added on top and controlled by a black layer mask which were painted white with a brush on the shadows. The colors were enhanced by adding a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

The picture with the stones was given a 'darker color' blending mode in order to blend the two images nicely together and make the bells underneath visible. A layer mask was added and the centre made dark with the gradient tool and the brush tool in order to make the bells stand out. The clone stamp tool was used to remove dirt and brown stones from the photo and the colors were desaturated a bit by using a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

All layers were converted into a smart object and a reduce noise filter and unsharp mask filter was added to enhance the quality of the photo. Finally the colors were adjusted using a curve adjustment layer.

Original Photos

Look What I've Found Look What I've Found

Made by Pernille Mortensen